The Greatest Motivation for Sharing Your Faith

The Bible says each of us was helpless in our sin before we came to Christ. You were doomed to a life “… with no hope and without God in the world” (Ephesians 2:12b). Whether you sinned on purpose or not, you were guilty. You had a death sentence on your life. You were a prisoner of sin and there was no freedom or hope to be found.

 

 You began to appreciate your condition when you realized that the “… wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a). You understood that your sinful words, deeds, and attitudes amounted to spitting in God’s face. But God didn’t treat you the way you deserved to be treated. He did something infinitely greater than what Captain Miller did for Private Ryan.

The Bible says it this way: “For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us!” (Romans 5:7-8). It goes on to say, “For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, then how much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!” (Romans 5:10). God makes you right with Himself, and He is the one paying the price. His love so motivated Him, that he made us right even when we were his enemies, fighting against him and against his work in our lives.

Appreciating your need for forgiveness leads to a loving appreciation, a gratitude, for what God did through Jesus death on the cross.
The apostle Paul is the ultimate example of this. Paul never got over the wonder of his salvation. He had many reasons to be proud. As a Jew, he had the right heritage, education, and vocation. He even had kept the outward requirements of the Jewish law. But all these accomplishments meant nothing to him compared to what he had found in Christ. Paul wrote: “… But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ. More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Him I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ” (Philippians 3:7-8).

Paul was able to appreciate what he had in Christ because he remembered his former life. He knew where he would be without Jesus Christ. He wrote to his disciple, Timothy: “I give thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, appointing me to the ministry—one who was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor,and an arrogant man …. And the grace of our Lord overflowed, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 1:12-14). It takes humility to remember where you have come from and to whom you owe where you are today.

Paul remembered what he was before he met Christ, and he knew the tremendous price God paid to bring salvation to him. He was overwhelmed at the love of God. It changed the way he viewed himself and the world. He wrote: “But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world” (Galatians 6:14). He so appreciated what Christ had done that it became the sole focus of all his ambition. This loving appreciation, this gratitude to God would be his greatest motivation for sharing his faith.

6 comments (Add your own)

1. Wendy wrote:
Thanks so much for the cemtonms :) Once I wrote this, I kept seeing that verse (or variation) all through out the Bible. It really is true... with JESUS ALL things are possible! :) Amen.

Fri, February 17, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

2. iagoouytnj wrote:
SCLEap dauhtcbbxhqc

Sun, February 19, 2012 @ 3:49 AM

3. aqmgxo wrote:
e84IDY hufhvwdxrpxf

Thu, February 23, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

4. Felix wrote:
I have studied this scjbeut intensely for about forty years now (I turn fifty this month). When you say nobody was "there" you are a bit mistaken, because "there" is "here." The past leaves traces that persist to the present and can be studied. I like the spirit of the comment that even if Genesis is metaphor rather than literal history the point is that God created us and God loves us. The bottom line is that evolution is quite possibly the most well-proven fact known to man, and it shames America that nearly half the adults are so misinformed about this. It is just as ridiculous and just as wrong as if half the adults insisted the earth is flat in spite of all evidence to the contrary.if Christianity does depend on every detail being literally true (as some people insist), then I have to reject a God who would plant so much physical evidence of so many different types that flatly contradicts such an interpretation. Why worship someone who tries so hard to trick us when eternal damnation is the punishment for being fooled? I still hear in conversations withhardcore Bible thumpers that the evidence for evolution doesn't exist.I am always reminded of that scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" where King Arthur cuts off the arm of the Black Knight, and the Black Knight denies it. King Arthur: "Your arm's off." Black Knight:"No it isn't." Nested hierarchies of many types of data, numerous transitional forms in the fossil record, endogenous retroviruses and pseudogenes the list of evidence for evolution is incredibly overwhelming, each piece standing alone yet sometimes corroborating other pieces in stunning fashion. It has been my experience that most people who deny the fact of evolution do so because they have been LIED to about this scjbeut by sources they thought they could trust. What they argue against is a strawman caricature of evolution easy to knock down because it is based on lies and misunderstandings of what science is and how it works. Science need not be in conflict with religion, but it it must: We have the fossils. We win.

Sat, August 18, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

5. Juliana wrote:
Hello, Thanks for your contact. I'm aifard I don't know the answer, but suggest you contact Georges Houssney's organization, Horizons International, for that information. They can be reached via email here: . God bless,Truth in Action Ministries

Sun, August 19, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

6. tyngxai wrote:
PGgGqa dohipjdffovl

Sun, August 19, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.